HiberGene CT/NG – provide a same-day, accurate diagnosis by testing in-house.
- Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG) are among the most frequently transmitted sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- It is estimated that 146 million people acquire CT and 51 million people acquire NG annually worldwide¹
- Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) are now recommended by NICE, European and CDC guidelines due to superior sensitivity, specificity and speed²
- It has been reported that more than 75% of CT/NG negative patients receive antibiotics unnecessarily while awaiting results³
- Reports show that up to 30% of patients are overtreated and up to 40% are undertreated leading to medical complications and increased antibiotic resistance⁴
Benefits of HG CTNG Combo:
- Dual-target test – one test for both targets from the same sample. Treatment guidelines differ depending on which infection is present and co-infection can occur
- Accuracy – conventional techniques are notoriously inaccurate
- No repeat testing – LAMP technology is characteristically tolerant of potentially inhibitory sample
HG CT/NG Combo brings the power of molecular technology to laboratories of all kinds, ensuring adherence to the latest clinical guidelines
|Methodology:||Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP)|
|Target:||Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae|
|Sample types:||Urine or vaginal swab|
|Hands-on time:||= 5 minutes|
|Sample to result:||= 66 minutes|
|Product Name||# of Tests||Catalogue|
|HG CT/NG Combo||30||HGCTNGR|
|HG CT/NG Combo Positive Control||18 x CT & 18 x NG||HGCTNGC|
|HG Swift Plus||–||HG SWIFT PLUS STARTPCK|
*FDA submission is planned. Product is not available for sale in the US market.
- Ecdc. ECDC SURVEILLANCE REPORT: Sexually transmitted infections in Europe 2013. 2004. https://ecdc.europa.eu/sites/portal/files/media/en/publications/Publications/sexual-transmitted-infections-europe-surveillance-report-2013.pdf. Accessed August 17, 2017.
- NICE 2015 UK National Guideline, European Guideline on Management of CT 2015, CDC STI Treatment Guidelines 2015
- Antimicrobial Stewardship and Resistance, American Journal of Infection Control, 2016.
- Use of a Rapid Diagnostic for CT and NG, Gaydos et al, Annals of Emergency Medicine 2018