HG COVID-19 is a CE marked and clinically evaluated test using molecular technology to accurately detect COVID-19 direct from a swab sample in approximately 1 hour. Independently evaluated in both the Direct and Extracted Methods.
COVID-19 is a respiratory virus in which symptoms include fever, cough, fatigue and shortness of breath, and – less commonly – sore throat and headache; however, asymptomatic carriage has also been widely reported.
HiberGene have developed a FAST, SIMPLE, PORTABLE, COST EFFECTIVE molecular test to confirm symptoms quickly and accurately to guide infection control.
Why use RT-LAMP for COVID-19 testing?
European Centre for Disease Control states:
“RT-LAMP has emerged as an alternative molecular detection method for the detection of SARS-CoV-2.”
“RT-LAMP technique has some advantages such as fast test results and need of fewer resources, while maintaining high sensitivity and specificity.”
“Member States should aim for the use of RT-PCR tests or other tests with performance close to RT-PCR.”
HiberGene have performed an extensive analysis of the available sequences of the UK (B1117) and South African (501Y.1V2) variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These strains are mostly notable for mutations in the gene coding for the spike protein; as HiberGene’s test targets a different gene (the nucleocapsid), minimal impact on assay performance is expected. Analysis of the sequence databanks and laboratory testing of worst-case artificial constructs confirm that there is no significant impact of these two strains on assay performance or sensitivity.
|Product Name||# of Tests||Catalogue|
|HG COVID-19 Control||18||HGCOVIDC|
|HG Swift Plus||–||HG SWIFT PLUS STARTPCK|
|Mini Heating Dry Bath Incubator||–||HGHEATB|
- Hibergene announces Saliva based testing for Covid-19
- Countries requiring Negative Covid-19 Test for travel
- CTO Dr. Gary Keating explains the principles of LAMP Technology
- HiberGene announces CE Marking of Covid-19 Test
*Antigen testing is recommended for screening purposes only(1). Sensitivity of antigen tests on an asymptomatic population is 58%2.
1. European Centre for Disease. Considerations on the use of rapid antigen detection (including self-) tests for SARS-CoV-2 in occupational settings. 2021
2. Dinnes J, Deeks JJ, et al, Cochrane COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Accuracy Group. Rapid, point-of-care antigen and molecular-based tests for diagnosis of SARSnCoV-2 infection. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2021, Issue 3. Art. No.: CD013705. DOI: 10.1002/14651858 CD013705.pub2.