HG COVID-19 is a CE marked and clinically evaluated test using molecular technology to accurately detect COVID-19 direct from a swab or saliva sample in approximately 1 hour. Independently evaluated in both the Direct and Extracted Methods.
HiberGene have developed a FAST, SIMPLE, PORTABLE, COST EFFECTIVE molecular test to confirm symptoms quickly and accurately to guide infection control. Used in combination with our HG Flu A/B combo, easy differentiation is possible from just one patient sample.
Why use RT-LAMP for COVID-19 testing?
European Centre for Disease Control states:
“RT-LAMP has emerged as an alternative molecular detection method for the detection of SARS-CoV-2.”
“RT-LAMP technique has some advantages such as fast test results and need of fewer resources, while maintaining high sensitivity and specificity.”
“Member States should aim for the use of RT-PCR tests or other tests with performance close to RT-PCR.”
The primer sequences of HiberGene LAMP and PCR products are reviewed on an ongoing basis for compatibility with emerging variants of concern. Computer-based alignment analysis and experimental testing with synthetic gene sequences have been performed, and no impact on PCR or LAMP assay performance has been observed for any Covid variant evaluated to date, including delta plus and omicron.
HG COVID-19 Protocol:
|Product Name||# of Tests||Catalogue|
|HG COVID-19 Control||18||HGCOVIDC|
|HG Swift Plus||–||HG SWIFT PLUS STARTPCK|
|Mini Heating Dry Bath Incubator||–||HGHEATB|
- Hibergene announces Saliva based testing for Covid-19
- Countries requiring Negative Covid-19 Test for travel
- CTO Dr. Gary Keating explains the principles of LAMP Technology
- HiberGene announces CE Marking of Covid-19 Test
- Study: SARS-CoV-2 co-infection with influenza viruses, respiratory syncytial virus, or adenoviruses
*Antigen testing is recommended for screening purposes only(1). Sensitivity of antigen tests on an asymptomatic population is 58%2.
1. European Centre for Disease. Considerations on the use of rapid antigen detection (including self-) tests for SARS-CoV-2 in occupational settings. 2021
2. Dinnes J, Deeks JJ, et al, Cochrane COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Accuracy Group. Rapid, point-of-care antigen and molecular-based tests for diagnosis of SARSnCoV-2 infection. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2021, Issue 3. Art. No.: CD013705. DOI: 10.1002/14651858 CD013705.pub2.