Pneumo/Meningo Combo – improve patient outcomes and reduce unnecessary antibiotics and isolation costs with a simple and accurate molecular test.
- Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniae cause up to 87% of bacterial meningitis cases in young children and adults¹.
- Bacterial meningitis is an aggressive disease with non-specific symptoms making it inherently difficult to diagnose.
- The disease is responsible for over 1.2 million cases and 170,000 deaths annually worldwide². Survivors may suffer severe, lifelong disabilities³.
Benefits of HG Pneumo/Meningo Combo:
- Targeted test to diagnose the two leading causes of bacterial meningitis – large panel tests are costly and give unwanted results
- Results in = 60 minutes – enables timely isolation precautions and treatment – conventional culture methods can take to up 72 hours and are not viable for such an aggressive infection
- Differential diagnosis to inform clinical decisions
|Methodology:||Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP)|
|Target:||Neisseria meningitidis & Streptococcus pneumoniae–
all relevant serotypes
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) – direct or after extraction
|Hands-on time:||= 10 minutes|
|Sample to result:||= 60 minutes|
|Product Name||# of Tests||Catalogue|
|HG Pneumo/Meningo Combo||25||HGSPNMR|
|HG Pneumo/Meningo Combo Control||18||HGSPNMC|
|HG Swift Plus||–||HG SWIFT PLUS STARTPCK|
- Van de Beek D et al., “ESCMID guideline: Diagnosis and treatment of acute bacterial meningitis.,” Clin Microbiol Infect, vol. 22, pp. S37-S62, 2016
- D. Stephens, B. Greenwood and P. Brandtzaeg, “Epidemic meningitis, meningococcaemia, and Neisseria meningitidis,” Lancet, vol. 396, no. 9580, pp. 2196-2210, 2007
- M. Sadarangani, D. Scheifele, S. Halperin, W. Vaudry, N. Le Saux, R. Tsang, J. Bettinger and Candian IMPACT Group, “Outcomes of invasive meningococcal disease in adults and children in Canada between 2002 and 2011: a prospective cohort study.,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. e27-35, 2015.